Downtown Eureka Springs ‘Spring Art Fair’
Entry submission forms are now available for artists who would like to show in the Downtown Eureka Springs Arts Fair. The Fair will take place May 11 from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. and May 12 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Applicants to the juried event must reside in Benton, Boone, Carroll, Madison, Newton, or Washington Counties in Arkansas. The show will take place in Basin Spring Park and on nearby Center Street. Booth spaces are 10′x10′ and the booth fee is $25. The fee should accompany the application. If accepted, the fee is non-refundable. If not accepted, the booth rental fee will be returned.
Deadline to apply is April 1 (postmarked by that date.) For more information or to request a PDF downloadable entry form: E-mail or Phone: 479-253-1839
Eureka Springs Art Park – Deadline extended to February 15: Only seven spaces remain
Artists may still submit designs to be considered for inclusion in the Eureka Springs Art Park. The new Eureka Springs Art Park will be similar to a previous exhibit, The Artery, that was developed and curated by Charlotte Buchanan from 2005 until 2011. The exhibit will consist of art and photography panels attached to the concrete wall in the First Street parking area.
The art-panels will be two-dimensional and may be rendered in any weather resistant media including photography. Artists living and/or exhibiting in the counties of Carroll, Benton, Madison, and Washington are invited to submit a scaled design for consideration for the Art Park. The panels may be either four by eight feet, or four by four feet, and submitted designs should be scaled in proportion (example, 4×8 inches or 4×4 inches.) The theme for the panels will be “Spirit of the Ozarks” as interpreted by the artist. The artwork will remain on view for a period of not less than one-year, and possibly as long as two years. The panels will be offered for sale with the artist receiving 70% of the purchase price. The remaining 30% of sales revenue will go to the Mayor’s Arts Council’s public art fund. The unveiling of the Art Park will take place May 19 during the May Festival of the Arts.
Artists interested in submitting a design for consideration or to receive an information packet, email Sandy Martin or call 479-244-6636.
Poster/Program Cover Design Contest – CICA Music Festival
The contest is open to artists residing in the following Arkansas Counties: Benton, Boone, Carroll, Madison, and Washington. A cash prize will be awarded to the artist who submits the winning entry. An entry fee of $30 will include the showing of each submitted piece in the Eureka Springs Auditorium for a month-long exhibition during the festival. The exhibited art may be marked for sale. The design contest winner will be announced during a reception for all entering artists during the May Festival of the Arts. Art will also be exhibited online for a People’s Choice contest. Concert-goers will also vote and the People’s Choice winner will be announced on July 7th at the Auditorium. More perks will be announced.
For more information or to request a contest entry form (when available), contact Cheri White at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE HAS PASSED: May Festival of the Arts Poster Contest
Entries are now being accepted for the 2012 May Festival of the Arts poster design contest.
The design should be in an 11×17 inch format and contain the words:
“25th Annual May Festival of the Arts”
“Eureka Springs, Arkansas”
Only original artwork will be accepted. Previous winners must wait 2 years before re-entering.
Designs should be submitted on disc in high-resolution jpeg format and be print-ready (300 dpi). Lettering may be done “by hand” or computer generated. An entry form should accompany the CD. The contest is open to residents of Carroll County. The winning entry will receive $250 and the winning design will be used in May Festival of the Arts 2012 advertisements and promotions.
Entries should be dropped off at the Mayor’s office, Eureka Springs City Hall, on or before the January 15th, 2012 deadline. Entries may also be mailed to:
Eureka Springs City Hall,
Mayor’s Office, 44 S Main,
Eureka Springs, AR, 72632
(Please mark package “May Festival of the Arts”)
To receive an entry form email Zeek Tayor or call 479-253-9318